Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

pearl world

hi all,due to an ever increasing gig schedule i need to semi-retire the ludwigs! new drums do nothing for me and ive been offered a pearl world shell pack at the right money,ive only played premier and ludwig so its all a bit new! any way the nut is are theses any good? many thanks the bishop

69 super classic 63 supra paiste 2000
Posted on 14 years ago

Actually, they are good drums, if you get the right wood combo. What is the shell layup?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

hi jonni! they look like birch to me,the only thing i dont like are the power sizes,but i do like the price of 200gbp!

Posted on 14 years ago

I think World series are seperate lugs-you could cut them down and recut the bearing edges as needed.You should do some further investigating ,maybe on this site-I don't think they are pro-level drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

They are birch/mahogany and are good drums especially the lacquer finish models.

I've found them to be well built and easy to tune.

Posted on 14 years ago

thanks all! i think ill have em! unless i find a premier at the right money,to be honest with you if i went onstage with a 20 quid drum kit it wouldnt make much difference!

Posted on 14 years ago

You shouldn't have to do anything to the World series drum edges. They were cut very well back in the day. They were a pretty good drum. Not the best, but they would make a cool gigging kit. They usually came in the deeper sizes. That extra depth really made an impact on the deep punch of those toms. Good luck!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here