Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Pearl ThunderKing '69 any good?

Hello there!

I was looking for an affordable vintage drum kit when I found this Pearl ThunderKing '69, equipped with a Sabian HH and a Headliner Percussion ride.

The drum kit has been recently restored.

The price is 395€ (415$). Do you guys think it's a good deal? Be aware that in Europe instruments tend to be slightly more expensive than in the US.

Apologies in case the question is obvious or stupid, as you can probably guess I'm not very into gear, and I started drumming not long ago.

(Link for pictures below)

Enlighten me!

Greetings from Spain

http://es.wallapop.com/item/bateria-pearl-vintage-1969-86190682

Posted on 7 years ago

I think over 400 for them is too much, also think over three hundred is too much,....But, Rogers wannabe, Pearl`s from that era, are said to have good sound.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 7 years ago

The snare looks to be CB-700, and will sound good but the build of it, not so much.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 7 years ago

Yea the snare looks like a WJM or the like. I must say though that CB " Did " make some pretty good drums back in the day. They did come out with the free floating snare after all.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 7 years ago

Europe:

don't know about the Spanish market, but in the Netherlands sets like these can be had for under 100 E, if you're patient and willing to check internet market daily.

Apart from a Rogers set and my recent Royal set I never payed more than 150 Euro's for drumsets, and sure had very beautiful and good sounding ones.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 7 years ago

I'll second what bartw said.. If these were all original and in very good to mint condition, $300-$400 for sure..

But in this condition, not so much.. It's also missing the floor tom and bottom tom rims..Hoops don't look original either.. $80.00 at best. I'd wait and see if something else comes up..It always does. This Pearl looks like it's been stripped of it's wrap down to the wood, and looks like it was stained. To me that's not very appealing, unless it's an American made drum kit, and not early MIJ..

These drums usually sound good, but at that price, not worth it.. Be patient and hold off for another kit..

Posted on 7 years ago

($415) for that?? No floor tom? Claws have been painted black. Snare - many better snares out there for less money.

Bad deal.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago

I have to echo what others have already said...it's not worth the asking price! Just too many issues. $100 US tops, but I'm thinking around $80.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here