Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Pearl snare

I know its not the President, judging from the flat lugs, but it looks 1972 perhaps? I've had it for around a year. It came with the Boston WMP 4-piece, and I just thought it was another old steel snare, but the area around the weld is unchromed and most certlainly a reddish metallic colour,does this indicate that it is brass (see pic 2)? Perhaps it just solder. It seem many of the old Pearl snares were available in brass.

Anyway despite being 8 lug and standard strainer it is 5 1/2" deep and has a really nice fat sound.

So I think this will be worth a clean up for sure. Any comments, information, suggestions , etc, welcome.

Edit: I scratched a small area on the iside of the shell and its definitely brass. Interesting.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey , sorry for the delay-just saw this post. It`s much more likely a 75". The 72" were a little sweeter- more like a Slingerland. This one you have is a little more into their mid 70s Taiwan period design IMO

Here is the 1975 catalog shot

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/pearl75steel.png[/IMG]

Here is a shot of the standard 72" model

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/Pearl72screenshot.png[/IMG]

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for clarifying the year.

Posted on 14 years ago

Sure thing, I am intruigued by all those millions of "steel shell" Pearl snares they built in the 1970s- in their many designs. I see them every day on auction in a wide range of condition from pristine to junk. Some of them have elaborate strainers that look like they weigh 20 lbs. I am mostly interested in their COB "Jupiter"- I am scouting out the right one these days, waiting for the best deal to hit. Sounds like you may have also landed a COB- great!

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

I've had another close look and although there is a brass coloured area near the seam the rest of drum does actually appear to be steel. Ah well.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here