Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Pearl Snare Identification

Hi guys, I came across this snare online, its going for a VERY low price but I can't tell what it is. The seller says its a custom classic but that doesn't seem likely based on what I can find online, and asking for more information was like getting blood from a stone! A couple of the features like the lugs, the muffler and the natural wood finish suggest to me it could be of some value but I really don't know.

This is not something I spend much time at so before I start trawling through catalogues I thought I'd post here in case anyone with more experience can help. I haven't even been able to identify the badge!

Cheers, Sullington

Posted on 8 years ago

Looks to be from the 1960's. But that Pearl logo looks like a sticker placed over the original badge. This was probably a Pearl made MIJ snare with one of the hundreds of names. That is definitely a newer pearl logo, and not one from the '70's or prior.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks Jay, I was beginning to think the "badge" was a bit suspect! It's only 20 euro so it's probably worth buying just to satisfy my curiosity.

Posted on 8 years ago

Absolutely worth buying. In my opinion a lot of the MIJ snares sound amazing. Some of my favorites are my MIJ's.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Brilliant, I was looking for a nudge in that direction to be honest. If I secure the deal I'll post more detailed pictures, just in case that's of any interest. Thanks again for the advice, the day I just spent "researching" pearl snares now seems worthwhile.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here