Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Pearl red sparkle

I know of a Pearl kit I might be able to get a hold of. It consists of bass drum (I think 20"), floor tom (I think 16"), probably 12" rack tom and a snare drum (I think its the standard 5 1/2 x 14"). Red sparkle wrap covers all drums. The black letters PEARL are printed on the front drum head in a semicircular fashion. I think the badges were the scripted PEARL badge. It could be a 60s kit. I'm not sure exactly.

If anyone can give any help as to what era, how valuable, and general info about this that would be great, thanks. Sorry about the lack of exact info. I only wrote down what I remembered from seeing the kit last. I may post some more accurate information later.

Posted on 14 years ago

60s and since we really are trying to keep them available, try to ask for a reasonable price. They are only an oddity, not really collectible. Should be 100-175 USD at most. If all in perfect condition, with all the stands, cymbals and pedal, maybe as much as 250. Let's see some pix, that is the best way to get a value!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Without definite information and especially clear photos I couldn`t give you any accurate info at all. Photographing the bass drum tom mount is more important than any front bass drum head logo as it can be changed easily from another drum. The bass drum tom mount and position of the bass drum spurs, # of bass drum lugs- just as important as the badge. It can often be the most accurate date stamp for vintage Pearl drums.

Pearl drums are not for top dollar re-sale value like a Radio King- it all depends on the model, the year, the condition, whats included in the deal. Post some pics, it`s easy to do -if you don`t know how, I can tell you.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

I'll try to get some pics up sometime in the near future

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here