Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Pearl "all maple shell"

hey yall

can anyone tell me about these older pearl All Maple Shell kits?

where were they made?

what's their approx worth for a 5 piece w freefloating steel snare? in descent condition.

thanks

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice!!..Check with Tommy Wells over at DFO,he can tell you exactly what you have there because he,s an ex Pearl endorser.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 15 years ago

These are Pearl's MLX (maple) series. They were made in the latter part of the 80's and into the mid 90's and were replaced by the Masters line. I own three sets of the BLX series (birch) of this same period.

I have never seen a wrap on either of these series, so I would think they were once lacquered. They came in Arctic White, Sequoia Red, Sheer Blue, Black. I believe these have been sanded and stained their present color. You can see the marks from the sander in the pics.

As for their worth, if the hardware is in good shape, someone in need would buy the kit to get the long lugs. Some production runs in the latter days of this series produced some really inferior lugs and they simply deteriorate.........especially around the attachment screw area.

streetdrummer

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here