Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Pearl " Valencia " 20/14/12 - any info ?

Can anybody tell me anything about these drums ( shell material , sound , etc...) ? Worth $ 200 ?

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 15 years ago

Definately 60's Pearl, Luan shells. Probably sounds poor they way they are. With some work to the bearing edges they can sound ok, so I'm told. Proably worth about $150-$200

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I second that. So, if they have the Pearl badge, they are late '60's...'68-69. But the badge looks not to say "Pearl", so it's a stencil kit by Pearl...meaning it could go back to the early '60's.

Definitely a factory set.... everything looks intact and no post-factory alt's. Still has the original straight legs and the Japanese version of the swivomatic arm (which, um...actually works better than the Rogers original version...shhhh.....).

Pricerange is as stated....given no snare. Another $50-60 if the snare was there.

The only thing we can't tell is whether the shells are the thick 6-ply or the thin-ply with re-rings. The former will be a louder set, the latter more jazzy and woody sounding, but not as punchy.

IMHO, as LD says.... these old Japanese kits usually could use some bearing edge work on 'em...eve if it's just some sanding....as they usually came from the factory a tad rough on the edges.

Cute lil' kit, though.... [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I second that. So, if they have the Pearl badge, they are late '60's...'68-69. But the badge looks not to say "Pearl", so it's a stencil kit by Pearl...meaning it could go back to the early '60's.Definitely a factory set.... everything looks intact and no post-factory alt's. Still has the original straight legs and the Japanese version of the swivomatic arm (which, um...actually works better than the Rogers original version...shhhh.....).Pricerange is as stated....given no snare. Another $50-60 if the snare was there.The only thing we can't tell is whether the shells are the thick 6-ply or the thin-ply with re-rings. The former will be a louder set, the latter more jazzy and woody sounding, but not as punchy.IMHO, as LD says.... these old Japanese kits usually could use some bearing edge work on 'em...eve if it's just some sanding....as they usually came from the factory a tad rough on the edges.Cute lil' kit, though.... [/COLOR]

Thanks for all the info guys . Actually , the badge says VALENCIA and in small letters underneath BY PEARL .

I'll ask the seller about the shells .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here