Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Pearl Professional Series

Found a nice old snare drum that reads

Pearl

Professional Series

Any idea when this drum was made,before or after the Forum/Export line?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

40 bucks for shipping??? Jeez!

Posted on 13 years ago

So,is it a nice drum as in mid line or is it an entry level?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

I dont know, I just think the seller is gouging on the shipping cost. But I would say that it is not an entry level type drum.

Posted on 13 years ago

So,are the experts on vacation?...Dont really want to wade through the gauntlet at the Pearl forumWalking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

1984-85 Model product model is: M-514D

The M-514D (6 1/2 x 14) snare were featured on the Professional series and all DX and DLX-7500 series drums as standard equipment. It was equipped with Pearl SuperHoops 2.3 triple flanged and had the new S-015EX "Extended Gladstone Type strainer providing sensitive snare tension at both sides.

Posted on 13 years ago

The Professional series are not entry or mid level, they are indeed top of the line.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Well, $51 for the drum and $40 for shipping... that probably isn't a terrible deal for what seems to basically be a later version of a Jupiter.

Did you win it, Wayne?

Posted on 13 years ago

Nope...I could,nt get anyone to confirm it was a decent drum.I sure dont "need"another snare drum but you know whats it like when you have "the sickness"Violin

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here