Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Pearl President

Anybody ever seen this badge? I've got a chance to do some trade for my professional services for a kit with cymbals. The kit is a brown fiberglass, 13, 16, 22 with a 10-lug 14" snare and some Zildjians. Trying to date it, haven't been able to find it in the Pearl Catalogs.

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/backbeatkeeper/Drums%20and%20drum%20stuff/IMG00172-20101031-1541.jpg[/IMG]

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 13 years ago

The "SEARCH" function on this site would have yielded you alot of good info on Pearl Presidents. They are my favorite of all vintage drumsets. I have two sets plus a bunch of restored orphans. In Japan they yield high resale values because people here have heard and played them- they are like Tempus in sound quality if you need a reference point. Super fine fiberglass shells with sharp bearing edges- bass drums and fts have rumbling lows- snares are crisp. In short- they are a real collector`s item and in some places valuable.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

To answer your question- that badge puts it between 69-about 73. Show me the tom mount for a better year ID

In good cond- (disregarding the cymbals) the 4 piece President is worth about 450$ in the US - in Japan about 2x that.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

Don't have tom mount pics, but it's a rail type mount, with a peg approx. 3/8 to 1/2 in diameter and a lug on the tom like a Ludwig 60's era with one set screw. I've just never seen the square badge.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here