Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

pearl masterworks kit

Hey guys help me out? Sorry this doesn' relate to vintage drums, but perhaps they will be one day?

I have an option on a masterworks set, the badges are all sequential and its in excellent order. The only worry for me is that the masterworks labels dont have a date (a recognisable date) stamped into them. They just say 0001 on each one, from the snare through to the bass drum.

:confused: :confused: Is this common, is it correct, do they always have a date stamped into the interior label? I want the set but this worries me. Hope you can help. Thanks, Andrew

Posted on 17 years ago

I have an older 1989 Pearl BLX kit. I ordered and recieved it new as a 'kit', but the badges are not sequential, tho they are not too far out number-wise. I didnt know Pearl even date-marked their shells, but i think generally speaking when a kit is shipped out from the factory the shells are more or less of the same vintage/ month of the year. I couldnt pick any difference with my shells as far as different sound, ie it all sounds like the shells belong together as a kit. If the serial mumbers are matched/sequenced, i cant see any problem. Face it, drums are usually mass produced these days, not individually matched to create a set (unless you are a big name endorsed player) so basically a maple kit will sound like maple, birch will sound like birch, regardless if each drum was manufactured days/weeks apart. If you are concerned about the year the kit(as a whole) was made, personally i like to see shop reciepts of sale etc if buying 2nd hand. People that keep reciepts are usually a bit more caring/proud of their equipment than those who dont. (im just fussy that way.)

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here