Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Pearl Jupiter 5X14 COB

All original, except for drumheads. The original throw-off had a broken arm, I repalced it with the same throwoff from a steel snare drum similar to it. Sleeper snare drum.

1 attachments
Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 9 years ago

Nice, could we see a pic of the strainer and butte please?

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

have heard nothing but good things about these. have never had the chance to play one though. looks nice gary. are these brass, steel or what?

mike

Posted on 9 years ago

Mike this one is COB.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 9 years ago

I've always wanted one of these!! This week my four yr old wanted me to play Roxanne over & over. It drove me nuts, but I focused on the snare sound instead of complaining...Enjoy!

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 9 years ago

Nice drum!

I own a 5" and a 6.5", both COB.

Mike, you owe it to yourself to try these drums out. They are total sleepers and can still be had on the cheap.

I've got my 5" tricked out to Stew C specs, with the die-cast top hoop and such.

[IMG][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/ryanculberson/stew1_zps171d765b.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/ryanculberson/stew2_zps1872ff0b.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/ryanculberson/stew3_zpsdce8a4b7.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 9 years ago

Great drum but technically not a Jupiter without the parallel strainer.

Posted on 9 years ago

From Olimpass

Great drum but technically not a Jupiter without the parallel strainer.

Thus the reason I wanted to see strainer pics.

The snare in post above is Pearl B4514. The 5 " drum depth.

The 6.5 is B4514-L.

Most say that the simpler strainer, called a "Gladstone Strainer" ,on the B4514's is better/easier to work with than the Jupiter which has a Super Sensitive "like" strainer.

I have a B4514-L.

These are good.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

From green glass drum

Thus the reason I wanted to see strainer pics.The snare in post above is Pearl B4514. The 5 " drum depth.The 6.5 is B4514-L.Most say that the simpler strainer on the B4514's is better/easier to work with than the Jupiter which has a Super Sensitive "like" strainer.I have a B4514-L.These are good.

beautiful drum!

What I've researched (previously with help of Ludwig Dude) is that the 4814's and 4914's COB w/parallel strainers were considered Jupiters. Someone please correct me if I may be wrong.

Posted on 9 years ago

Hey backbeatkeeper, nice to see a sibling to my Jupiter 5X14 COB that's a little further down in the gallery. I've gotten my perception of the near-perfect snare sound from this one since 1976! Yes, a true "sleeper." Looks great-thanks for sharing. dean band2

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here