Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Pearl Japan Made Drum

Found this bad boy on CL, and for $30 figured I should grab it. My Pearl history isn't as spot on as my Tama history. Anyone know the age / shell material on this? I'm guessing later 70's / 80's from the look, and maybe Birch shell? I'll give it a real good inspection when I get it tomorrow. Thanks in advance guys!

2 attachments
13.3 kB
21.6 kB
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Is that a 20"? :) Nice drum. Sorry can't help much with dates. Pearl made some fine sounding drums~!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Early 80s based on the lugs. Www.drumarchives.com has old pearl catalogs. You can find your answer there on the wood. Killer drum!

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 8 years ago

Definitely very late 70's to early 80's.

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks guys!.

Glenn - I'm not sure the size, it wasn't listed. I personally thought it may be an 18", but 20" would be sweet.

Atlantaskins - the link didn't work. Says the web domain is for sale?? But I'll certainly go through some 80's Pearl catalogs. I'm sure the Vintage Drum Guide has some.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Good luck hope it's a nice one for you! Let us know what it turns out to be. I thought maybe 18". But looked bigger, maybe it's just the way the picture was taken.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

The Pearl rectangle badge was used from 80-83

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/pearl_badges.html

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

From ARCHxANGEL

Thanks guys!.Glenn - I'm not sure the size, it wasn't listed. I personally thought it may be an 18", but 20" would be sweet.Atlantaskins - the link didn't work. Says the web domain is for sale?? But I'll certainly go through some 80's Pearl catalogs. I'm sure the Vintage Drum Guide has some.

I gave you the wrong one. http://www.drumarchive.com/Pearl/

If it is a 18 that's a pretty rare drum. Never have known Pearl to make 20' floor except custom orders. I've played Pearl almost exclusively since 1986.

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks Atlantaskins! Someone at the Pearl Forum said it may be a " G " series? He also noted the rarity of the 18", but said that due to where the leg brackets are, it may be a custom order. Me and the seller didn't meet up today, so when I get it tomorrow I'll know for sure head size and depth.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Yes, definitely from the "G" series. The largest tom made was a 16x18, but chances are it's a 16x16. Still, you never know! Keep us informed!

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here