Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Pearl? Is this a chinese knock off?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/5142591990.html

What is that logo? Is that really old or a knock off?

"Rare to find a set so old that sparkles like new.

The blue sparkle has no fading. Chrome is pretty nice. Chrome steel snare is perfect but is newer.

The front base drum hoop is metal and can be replaced for about $40 wsith a black wood one. The hoop inlays are available too. I just don't have the time. They sound great."

Posted on 9 years ago

About late 60's early 70's Pearl.

More of a nostalgic thing than a players kit.

Posted on 9 years ago

Yes.. Mostly referred to as Pearls 60's Script Badge.. Note the Tom arms on that kit are being used upside down.. ( lock screw should face the top)

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 9 years ago

The lugs indicate '72-'74. The script badge has been discussed as one that is hard to date as it shows up on kits from several 'eras' or runs. Yes, the hardware all indicate it is the real deal. Condition of the wrap suggest a possible re-wrap but may be original - would need a close look to determine.

I would say not quite worth 500 but not far from it either. It should fetch a good 425. Snare alone (modern) should be worth a good 70 or so. Shoot - that is a 10 lug - nice.

Seller needs to include sizes and if any hardware is involved in the sale (like the snare stand).

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here