Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Pearl identity

Im looking at a early 80,s kit with nothing on the badge other than Pearl.There are inspection stickers on the interiors but nothing else..These are beautiful maple shells with no re rings and are a lacquer finish.Any idea what line these later became? I believe the toms are power size,not standard depth.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

Im looking at a early 80,s kit with nothing on the badge other than Pearl.There are inspection stickers on the interiors but nothing else..These are beautiful maple shells with no re rings and are a lacquer finish.Any idea what line these later became? I believe the toms are power size,not standard depth.

Do they look like these Wayne? They have inspection stickers too. I have owned this kit since 92 but they were at least 10 years old then. I've used them all over the world and they are tough old things. Unfortunately I'm unsure of the series name. Maybe MX? I'm sure others on here will know.

2 attachments
Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 12 years ago

Indeed they are,except mine are cherry lacq,r...At 400 for an entire kit minus snare drum but including hardware,seems like a decent deal to me.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

Indeed they are,except mine are cherry lacq,r...At 400 for an entire kit minus snare drum but including hardware,seems like a decent deal to me.

Sounds like a good price. I can't remember what i paid but it's paid me back in spades over the years and it hasn't had it easy either. Here it is in a video from the late 90's in London where it (kick and snare) gets the usual poor treatment. It survived though. There's no way I'd let the band do that to one of my kits nowHurting

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSt565VeXF8[/ame]

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 12 years ago

Pearl "All Maple Shell's" series.The first badge's on these set's did not say this that added that to the badge later under the Pearl name..If i re-call right your drums are from the "MX" series..Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

So in good condition are they worth the 400 in your opinion?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

So in good condition are they worth the 400 in your opinion?

Yes Wayne, 400.00 for the set is a good price..Yes they are great sounding drums...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here