Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Pearl ID Numbers

Hey, guys! I recently purchased a Pearl Competitor Series marching drum, from a fine gentleman in Wisconsin. It hasn't even arrived yet. It is 13 X 11 with the serial number 510281 imprinted on the badge. CMSX. Do these numbers mean anything or are they just for insurance purposes or personal ID? I'd really like to know a bit about the drum's history, but so far, I have uncovered very little. Thanks very much!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 10 months ago

Brian,

A Google search showed that they still market this drum. The serial number on one entry I found was in the 55xxxx range, so I wouldn’t think your drum is too old.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CMSX1412C33--pearl-cmsx-competitor-marching-snare-drum-14-inch-by-12-inch-pure-white

Josh

Posted on 9 months ago

Josh!

Thank you so very much for replying! Actually, I have been corresponding for the last few days with a wonderful lady employee of Pearl Drums. She is remarkable! She tells me the line was probably started in 1997 and revamped in 2006. That would make you spot on! Thank you, my friend! I can always count on you and your expertise!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 9 months ago
Action Another action Something else here