Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Pearl 70´s identification

Hi, todays find was a vintage Pearl kit. Can someone identify this kit, year, finish and link to catalogue ? Rare lugs to be 70´s ...but seems to be mahogany shells....so not a top shelf kit....wrapping is as new... sizes are 12/13/16/20....

Posted on 4 years ago

This looks like my first kit many years ago in same sizes, mine was a red sparkle with the same badges and same lugs. Let me see the bass drum mount too. This is a early 70’s kit. The shells are either Luan or mahogany.

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi Dag!

A really cool kit! Here's a link to Drumarchive.com... http://www.drumarchive.com/ It's an invaluable site, with lots of catalogs. Most are PDF and will open in your browser. Those that are ZIP files have to be downloaded and extracted.

Just scroll to the Pearl section and then to the 1969 catalog. Open it and you should find that your kit just might be the "Thunder King". If you look at the color finishes on page 28, you'll see both "Blue Pearl" and "Dark Blue Pearl". I'd say you have "Blue Pearl". Also, the lugs on your kit are used on the higher end President series.

Hope this helps!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

From idrum4fun

Hi Dag!A really cool kit! Here's a link to Drumarchive.com... http://www.drumarchive.com/ It's an invaluable site, with lots of catalogs. Most are PDF and will open in your browser. Those that are ZIP files have to be downloaded and extracted.Just scroll to the Pearl section and then to the 1969 catalog. Open it and you should find that your kit just might be the "Thunder King". If you look at the color finishes on page 28, you'll see both "Blue Pearl" and "Dark Blue Pearl". I'd say you have "Blue Pearl". Also, the lugs on your kit are used on the higher end President series.Hope this helps!-Mark

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Posted on 4 years ago

Beautiful wrap - cheers and enjoy!

thejohnlec
Ohio Valley
Posted on 4 years ago

The lugs look like a Pearl stencil brand named Tempro. Pic is a beat-up Tempro set I'll be attempting to resto hopefully in the new year.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here