Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Pearl 1960's Japanese Drums; Good Investment?

Hi,

I bought a 4 piece 60's Pearl drum set for $200. After buying the tom mount hardware, L arm holder,cymbals, and other hardware i'm $500 into it. People tell me that Non-American made drums are not worth anything. Is this true? What is all of this worth? It sounds awesome and looks really cool but I still would like to know if I got a good deal! Thanks for your time.

Here's some pictures!

[Attachment: 31100]

[Attachment: 31101]

2 attachments
My band's website!

http://www.chaseandtrinity.com/
Posted on 13 years ago

YOU got a deal if YOU are happy with the kit.Are they an investment?..Not at all in a monitary sense,but to YOU they are a great investment.Imagine,you,re playing an old kit that could tell lots of stories if it could.Enjoy the kit and forget about the bucks,these MIJ kits are plentiful and for now represent one of the few remaining "bargains" in the industry.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

I couldn't agree with wayne more! They're your drums. If you enjoy them, that's what counts! I don't even want to think about what I have invested in my Stars in terms of time and money because I don't really care. I play with them and will continue to upgrade my kit for the sheer enjoyment of doing so! Right on, Wayne!!!

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

You may have to wait wait wait wait for the market to shift to MIJ's, but what does it really matter ...

You like the kit and you enjoy playing the kit. Are they a good investment? No. Not really. But then again, with today's market, there really isn't a solid drum investment. Just buy what you like and play the snot out of it.

Personally, I've never purchased a drum for an investment. I prefer to let my heart lead.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

It sounds awesome and looks really cool

Yes, you did!!!

Posted on 13 years ago

What a neat kit! If you're happy with it, it's worth it!

Great find!

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

Ditto what wayne, salty 1322 and RogerSling said!

Posted on 13 years ago

Have you guys ever played on these old pearls? I think they sound pretty good obviously not as good as a slingerland or ludwig though.

My band's website!

Posted on 13 years ago

"not as good as" ... they are just different. "good" is subjective and ear dependent.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

I know they just have different features. I'm just curious of what my 60's pearl drums reputation was back when they were made because i'm somewhat nieve on vintage drums. I'm just looking for any general knowledge on them.

My band's website!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here