Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Paiste vintage 101 blue label !

Here's something of a rarity, and i might just snag these babies up just for that reason, and at the right price.. Just emailed him to find out what his asking price is.. Did some research on these little guys, and even though these were beginner cymbals for Paiste, they're made from the infamous NS12 Nickel Silver alloys, which were also used on Ludwig/Paiste Standard cymbals and early Paistes from the 50's and 60's i believe.. German made, so that's a bit of a bummer..

We'll see what his asking price is..

Any thoughts on these ? Just curious.. If they're anything like my 404's, then they'll be worth it ;)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-batterie-percussion/ville-de-montreal/hi-hats-paiste-101-70s/1047593521?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-batterie-percussion/ville-de-montreal/crash-ride-paiste-101-70s/1047593781?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted on 9 years ago

I had a Nickel Silver old Meinl ride - very wet, but generally sounded really good. Problem I ran into - was that it sounded very out of place among other cymbals that were not Nickel Silver.

As for these 101s - I would go for it.....but only if you have some other Nickel Silver cymbals to complete a set.

My other cymbals - the context.....were my......404s.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks John,,I'll take that into consideration..I'm thinking they'll sound great with my black label 505's.. ;)

Posted on 9 years ago

From human71

Thanks John,,I'll take that into consideration..I'm thinking they'll sound great with my black label 505's.. ;)

Not trying to be negative - just trying to share my experience -

I would try to go with Nickel Silver all the way. I predict that these 101s will NOT mix well with your 505s (any B8s).

If you think about it - I am sure there are some really good Nickel Silver cymbals out there. They used to be very common - pretty much the only alternative to B20s. I have heard some very good sounding Nickel Silver cymbals - and if the whole set was these - they would all sound good together and it would 'work'.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

I have gigged with a 101 nickle silver crash on my right side for 5 years amongst my 2002s. It has the filthiest dark tone and the sound disappears fairly quick but theres just something about them :P

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here