Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Paiste for Project

I have 3 Paiste cymbals that I'm interested in trading for a project kit. Would like to find a Levon type wood hoop kit, but open to most anything made before 1970.

The cymbals are as follows, all in beautiful condition:

20" Signature Dry Ride

18" Sound Formula Crash

18" 2002 Crash (w/ faded logo)

Please PM if interested, and I'll try to have some pics this weekend.

Thanks.

Posted on 10 years ago

Check this out.

Depending on where you are - this would make a great project kit....or paerhaps you will already like the wood finish (I think they sanded and lacquered over it).

Just so you know - these thin shells sound GREAT! Have re-rings. They resonate great, have great tuning range (low!) and are full and warm. Much superior (IMHO) to the later thicker shells.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-60s-Vintage-Whitehall-By-Pearl-3-Piece-Drum-Set-Kit-Japan-Bass-Toms-/301323158834?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

That's just an MIJ kit with the wrap taken off, nowhere near worth the cymbals on offer. IMHO...

Mitch

Posted on 9 years ago

I have beautiful 14x26" wfl bass drum with zephyr lugs that I have refinished and a 10x14" tom ludwig preserial numbered badge also refinshed I maybe interested in trading you?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

From DownTownFarmer

That's just an MIJ kit with the wrap taken off, nowhere near worth the cymbals on offer. IMHO...Mitch

Yes indeed Mitch - I was not suggesting he trade those 3 cymbals for that kit. I just recalled that he was looking for a project kit - and liked the wood grain idea and I thought of him immediately when I saw this offering. I have some thin shelled MIJ and I think they sound awesome - and I wanted to share this deal with him.

I have nothing to offer him that would work for him - (nor do I need those Paistes right now.....need money more)

This way, he could have this kit and indeed keep those Paistes (Yaayyyy!) Adding wood hoops to that BD would really help make it.

It comes down to if they look good enough. Hard to tell from these pics - really needs a looksy in person - which would happen as this is a local deal anyway.

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

[...] I have some thin shelled MIJ and I think they sound awesome - and I wanted to share this deal with him.[...]

Indeed and he did say most anything made before 1970...:)

I just always found it so depressing how the grain is oriented vertically on those MIJ shells, so when you take the wrap off it just looks cheap.

Mitch

Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks for all the thoughts fellas. Guess I should be more specific about what I'm looking for.

Here's an amazing project that a member finished not long ago... If you have the time, I recommend reading the entire thread. Really nice work.

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=35334

I did say pre-1970, but would much prefer some older, single tension, wood hoop drums like these, that need some work but aren't missing too many parts.

Thanks.

Aaron

Posted on 9 years ago

From fishaa

Thanks for all the thoughts fellas. Guess I should be more specific about what I'm looking for. Here's an amazing project that a member finished not long ago... If you have the time, I recommend reading the entire thread. Really nice work. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=35334I did say pre-1970, but would much prefer some older, single tension, wood hoop drums like these, that need some work but aren't missing too many parts. Thanks. Aaron

the bass drum and tom I offered are exaclty like are in the thread you posted.except I stained the wood hoops a black stain

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

From vintagemore2000

the bass drum and tom I offered are exaclty like are in the thread you posted.except I stained the wood hoops a black stain

Interesting... PM sent for photos.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here