Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Paiste 2002 Crash

WTB: 1970's-1980's black label 18" crash. are they still out there in good condition?

Josh Westbrook
"dont be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
Posted on 14 years ago

No such thing as a 2002 Paiste Black Label, they only came in 16, 18 or 20.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

No such thing as a 2002 Paiste Black Label, they only came in 16, 18 or 20.

I had no idea! I just bought a 22" black label made in 1977, just looking for a matching crash, 70's or 80's, 18"

Josh Westbrook
Posted on 14 years ago

Josh, nice website BTW. If you are an Ebay lurker for B.L. 2002's, you most likely will be bidding against me. ;)

I have been bitten, so to speak. Currently I have: 2 sets 14" Sound-Edge Hats, 1-16" crash, 1-18" crash, 1-18" Medium, 1-18" Ride, 1-20" Ride, 1-22" Ride.

I am looking for a 16" crash with stronger logos and a 20" Medium, starting to collect 602's also, just started with a 24" pre-serial

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Thank you so much for the compliments on my website! It was a labor of love, and glad it looks cool! Took a while to design it and get it just right!

So you are the one I am bidding against, hahah! I am a definite Ebayer, and any black label 2002 crashes go straight to my watch list (bidding on one now actually, hopefully I win, its a helluva price for an 18"). We will see I guess. :) If not I will have to settle for a newer red label for now. What was it about the black labels? They have some serious mojo!! I love them!

602's sound beautiful as well. Have not been able to find anything on the Bay though (unless a 602 crash with a keyhole the size of the bell counts, yikes!!)

Nice cymbals you have there! Wish I could come over and play em. lol! I currently have: 1977 22" ride, 2007 novo china, and a 2007 17" crash. looking to get the 18 vintage, and replace the new 17 with a black label. Cmon Ebay!!

Josh Westbrook
Posted on 14 years ago

Are you a V.O.L. fan? I noticed the 40 Watt and other Bill stomping ground clubs.

Posted on 14 years ago

Just won a beauty! 1980 18" black label, excellent condition on the Bay. 90 bucks shipped! WOW!

Not really a Vols fan, we have a ton of shows booked in TN though. I am a Dawgs fan (yeah I know, not a good year last year), since I am from Athens, GA. :) Vols arent bad though! I like any team really!

Josh Westbrook
Posted on 14 years ago

I think you might have misunderstood...

V.O.L. is Vigilantes of Love...Bill Mallonee and the gang. Musical group. They are from Athens and spent years and years playing and recording there. Here's the website. Just thought that you might have crossed paths over the years. Bill's been at it since the 80's and is still touring and recording.

Posted on 14 years ago

yes V.O.L.!!! love em!! sorry I spaced out for a sec. I have not crossed paths, but I am sure I will since Athens is such a close knit community!

Josh Westbrook
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey Guys, I ran across this thread and seeing you guys are big Paiste fans I thought in case you missed this I would post it for you. I have a guy who refinsihes all Paiste pies, he is the only person I know that does this type of work, he is amazing, check this out

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=10543

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here