Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Pair of Zildjian 20 in. sizzle rides, dates?

From BosLover

With the clearer picture, it definitely looks like the Intermediate stamp to me, Circa 1959-1966. Drumaholic has updated the scale a bit and added new stamps I believe, but to the best of my knowledge this new scale has not been published for the general public. As a result, the 1959-1966 might not accurate any more. Perhaps he will chime in with a definitive opinion.Was it a 20"? If so 1787 is on the medium thin side I would guess.

BosLover, thank you for hanging in there with me to get the info. Very much appreciated.Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

[QUOTE=Drumaholic;71874]The A. is a large stamp circa 1955, and is probably worth around $300 - 350. The K. is an intermediate stamp 1959 - 1963. Because of that crack on this cymbal, a dollar value for thos one is hard to quantify.

Thanks so much Drumaholic. I think I understand the problem of trying to place a valuation on cymbals, (and drums, for that matter). I've searched Ebay lately and I've seen a range on cracked cymbals with listings of $35.00 and no bites, to http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-K-Zildjian-20-Ride-Cymbal-Made-Istanbul-/360259793352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion&hash=item53e12831c8, ($405.00). Both seem to me, to be extremes. I realize, that a lot of other factors decide on a bidders decision but it's really hard to extract a bottom line on what one should take, so I hesitate to take the dicey gamble of just "list and let it rip" without a reserve, from results on some of these listings. I have to admit watching some of these auctions have an entertainment factor.

Many thanks for your help

Robert

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here