Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Painting Vintage Speedkings?

Hi all,

Does anyone here have experience with painting old speedking pedals? I recently purchased one off ebay and cleaned and re-lubricated it, but now I would like to try to finish off the job with with a nice coat of paint. Are there certain types of paint that work best or ones that I should avoid? Do I need to remove the old paint? If so, any suggestions how to do that? Thanks for your help! I appreciate any advice you can give.

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 15 years ago

VHT automotive spray paint offers a "hammered silver" spray paint that is a close match to the color of a vintage speed king. Just make sure you clean the old paint well to get any grease/oil off of it and scuff the old paint with a scotchbrite pad. Good prep will allow the paint to adhere better and last longer. Also, if you don't completely disassemble the pedal, make sure anything you don't want painted gets masked off well. You can probably find the paint at most better auto parts stores like Pep Boys.

Good luck!Cool1

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the information - thats great. Ill let you know how it goes:)

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here