Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Paging O-Lugs

Hey O,

Need your help, I notice you have a lot of input for Ludwig. Question posed is.....on the mini classic lugs by Ludwig, what were they made of and did they have a stamp INSIDE the lug. I have a bastard 12x8 old school Ludwig tom and the shell is beat up, but the lugs looks phenomenal and on the inside they have the stamp 2246-2 and what looks like a large case K in a square. Also if you have the center to center measurement for the screws, I would also greatly appreciate it

TIA

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

"Mini" Classic? ...just to be sure..I call them small Classic lugs because I think there are some new lugs that are different and they are called "mini" Clasics...but I'm not 100% sure. IF yours are truly vintage small Classic lugs, then they are made of "Zimac" which is a casting alloy used in die-cast parts...I think all cast pieces are made from Zimac. It's a tin and zinc alloy.

I think all lugs had some kind of identification part number. That would be my guess....maybe also a stamp relating to the particular production batch, too. I honestly can't say for 100% certain...but that would be my guess.

I have some loose, small lugs around somewhere...Let me look...

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Unfortunately, I am going to have to part this one out, it's too much for me right now.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

1-1/4" center-to-center

FYI...mine have the K inside a house-shaped outline and the numbers: "46" then next a number "1" -except laying perpendicular the the first set of numbers...then the K inside the house...then a 6 (or a 9) with a line undr it (or over it, depending on how you read it)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks O, I'll try and get those pictures up in the next few days, so we can compare notes.....gotta take the missus out for our 13th anniversary tomorrow, so probably Wed or later.........

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here