Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Packaging drum parts

Just received some parts with what might be the most careless, and disrespectful packing job I've seen yet.

Three set-o-matic mounts with some screws and bolts and another part just put in a box and sent.

No packing material at all.

So, on it's journey, everything was just bouncing into each other.... maybe scratching each other.... maybe not.

Very disrespectful and lazy.

I try to keep in mind when I'm shipping something that this is no longer my property...... it belongs to someone else, and I should have enough consideration to treat it with respect.

Oh well, there I go again thinking my expectations are going to line up with someone else's standards......... geez !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Not nice!!

"I try to keep in mind when I'm shipping something that this is no longer my property"

Excellent point, especially when cosmetics count for so much. It does bring up a question I've had and that is what is the responsible way to ship drums in general? Should each drum be boxed and packed separately? I've noticed some pretty low shipping costs on Ebay and wondered how they could ship all of that for so little.

Robert

Posted on 14 years ago

I bubble wrap each individual part when I ship.

I'd ask him for a partial refund Kev. Parts come with new chips?Excited

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago

From PopsOldSkins

I bubble wrap each individual part when I ship.I'd ask him for a partial refund Kev. Parts come with new chips?Excited

I sent him an email conveying my feelings on the matter. I didn't mention any kind of refund. I'm leaving that up to him and his conscience. The main thing is that he learns something for the next time.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From PopsOldSkins

I bubble wrap each individual part when I ship.I'd ask him for a partial refund Kev. Parts come with new chips?Excited

I agree 100% what I photograph and describe is what you are going to receive, and I do what is humanly possible on my end to see that this is what you will receive!!! the conditon of the item is very very Important!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I once purchased a MINT Ludwig Practice pad in the original MINT box and the seller shipped it in the now POOR condition "original" box, with UPS stickers and Sharpie marker written on it. Seller did a full refund and paid return shipping.

This brings up a good point. I have had a variety of buyers tell me through email how to ship or how they expect their item to be packed.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

David, that is a great point, just last week I sold my leedy 8x14 broadway, the buyer who is in Germany did the same with me, I assured him I would double box it and heavy heavy padding also!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I think I'm a little spoiled too.

Many of my items come from seasoned veterans, and they have a sealed plastic bag around them... double boxed.... and the items are literally "floating" within the container, with no possibility of the edge of the item even approaching the inside surface of the box.

Jaye and Mcjnic are good examples... you would need an engineering degree to figure out how they packaged their items.

So, I will take partial responsibility for the mishap, as I did not give any specific instructions as to how to pack the shipment.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

......hmm.....and I thought it was cool to just throw a snare in a box with a newspaper and send it on the way..Jump For Joy..any need some busted....I mean I have some shell parts if anyone needs them.....Cooked Egg

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

The only times I "teach" the seller is for mailed paper history, catalogs flyers. I ask them to bag it, because I have had mail left outside in the rain.

Kevin! it really is not your job to say "Hey Dillweed" can you protect the parts!

I see eBay items come in to the shop and wonder how these people sell when they pack the way they do. There should be a class on how to pack and ship.

Don't ask me about the Sony reciever that was shipped with no packing in the box... :(

David

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here