Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

p83 to p85...same holes?

Hey there folks,

I bet someone has the answer to this one quick. I have a sticky and loose p83 on a seventy's supraphonic and want to install a p85. Are the drill holes the same? Thanks in advance.

Posted on 13 years ago

They are the same, question why would you have a p83 on a 70's drum to start with?? the p85 is what should of been on it to start with?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

I bought it online and there it was. Blue olive badge # 1817514. Thought seventies, but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it was swapped out.

thanks for the info anyhow.

Posted on 13 years ago

That drum should have a P85 on it. Someone did swap it out for a P83, and yes the hole pattern is the same. I would probably sell of the P83 on ebay to recoup the cost of the P85...maybe even make a few $$

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Ludwig-dude. I wouldn't sell this p83 though. I may try to repair it. For some reason it is wiggly and sticks in the off position. I have to grab the top screw and pull up to start to engage it. Tried taking it apart, and looked for some sort of burr on the plating, but it still sticks.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here