Long time member back for a visit. A while ago I purchased an expensive custom built, to my spec, stave snare. from a reputable southern builder. The sound clip, which appeared to be fairly raw as far as sound alteration was concerned, was nothing short of "Shangri -La".When it arrived I played it on two gigs and was very disappointed. It sounded more like a 1930's student marching snare than what I'd heard on the clip. And after head and tuning tweaks made little to no difference, I parked it in the "Island of Misfit Snare Drums" and went back to my lowly Acro. Yesterday after MANY years(probably ten) I decided to give it a full refit to give it one more chance before moving it along. The first change was the removal of the "P-S" snares and installation of generic "Snappy Snares" with strings from used mini-blinds, my favorite snare strings. COMPLETELY changed the drum from disappointed to Shangri-La again. Have other people on this forum had the same issue? These snares are endorsed by quite a few big names and yet I've had nothing but trouble with them. And this is the second time it's happened.Happy Fourth!