Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

P-l-e-a-s-e Help Identify

I'm trying to "thin out" some of my vintage cymbals and came across a 22 inch AZildjian & Cie. I'm trying to date this one, as well as find out what it might be worth, since I'd like to sell it to help pay for some needed hardware for one of my kits. I was hoping to be able to provide a picture of the stamp but, unfortunately, was unable to do so with my camera. I'll try to describe the stamp the best that I can. Sooooooooooooooo, here goes:

The top portion of the stamp features a star inside what appears to be a crescent (moon?). Directly under the crescent are the words "MADE IN U.S.A."

Beneath this is some sort of Arabic printing or marking.

Below this are the words "AZILDJIAN & CIE"

Below these words is the word "CONSTANTINOPLE".

Finally, below this is the word "CYMBAL" (fairly faded).

I've attached a few pics of the cymbal. Again, I'm trying to date this one and also get a "ballpark" value so that I can put it up for sale.

As usual, THANKS in advance for your help!

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

How does it sound? I am in the market for a new ride. The one I have now is hard to control.

Posted on 15 years ago

These were made in the 70's, and are generally not quite as desirable as regular old A's. They are often with older K Contsantinoples from the 30's because of the uncommon stamp. Zildjian makes one of their "& Cie" lines every few years so that they can maintain the trademark. I'd say your cymbal would fetch between $150 and $250, depending on the gram weight and who's looking.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

lucky: I've never been "successful" in attempting to describe the "sound" of the

cymbals I've sold. I guess it's because everyone's got their own

respective opinion regarding this issue. I certainly don't want to mislead

anyone and end up with an unhappy buyer.

mlvibes: This one weighs just over 7 pounds, assuming my scale is accurate.

THANKS SO MUCH for your input!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here