Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

P-83 and P-85 mounting and dating

Will a P-85 black-center strainer mount up in the same holes as a P-83? and.....would the P-85 be found on a snare as old as 1964... I think by our catalogs and resources found here that it would not, but???? There's a snare on Ebay that has a low serial number, (looks like a Supra-Phonic) putting it in the 1964 range, but it has a P-85 strainer that I don't see in our resources before 1970 on the Supra-400, the Acrolite, and the Pioneer. So, if the P-85 was not available in 1964, but the holes for an 85 and an 83 would line up, then the drum would be a 1964 model with a newer strainer, if they wouldn't line up, then it would be the 64 model with extra holes, and a newer replacement strainer , or it could be the 70's Supra with a misapplied or rogue badge... would these scenarios hold water?..... whew!!!.. I think I broke something......If anyone else is now as confused as I am, please let me know so I don't feel alone in this... thanks

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

The P-85 could very well be the origional strainer, around that time.

Holes for the P-83 and 85 should line up OK.

Posted on 15 years ago

The P-85 didn't come out until mid 1970. The hole pattern is the same as the P-83 though, so there shouldn't be any extra holes. The original strainer probably wore out and the owner just found whatever was available locally. If you find a P-83 to swap in then it would be more correct, however the P-85 works just fin if you don't care about "originality".

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, Ludwig-dude, I think that is the most likely scenario also, thanks... Thanks GAR for your help also ... Kevins

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here