Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train>< live

Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train, this is live, Randy Rhoads Tribute, Randy simply steals the show on this one, He was simply amazing I really miss him. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0[/ame]!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

You got your facts all messed up vm2k....Randy Rhoads feared flying, he never was a stunt pilot or student pilot. Ozzy's tour bus driver was the one who piloted the plane, and they flew it a previous flight with the keyboardist from the band. The plane went for a 2nd flight with Randy when it clipped the tour bus as they flew over it. Randy, the pilot and a 3rd person where killed.

Side note, Randy is buried in San Bernardino in a cemetery in the north side. I live about 20 minutes from there, but never went to see his headstone.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

You got your facts all messed up vm2k....Randy Rhoads feared flying, he never was a stunt pilot or student pilot. Ozzy's tour bus driver was the one who piloted the plane, and they flew it a previous flight with the keyboardist from the band. The plane went for a 2nd flight with Randy when it clipped the tour bus as they flew over it. Randy, the pilot and a 3rd person where killed.Side note, Randy is buried in San Bernardino in a cemetery in the north side. I live about 20 minutes from there, but never went to see his headstone.

BBk, Thank you buddy, yep your totally correct here's the story!!! Airey persuaded Rhoads to go on the second flight, despite his fear of flying. Rhoads apparently agreed to go for two reasons: the seamstress had a heart condition so Aycock agreed to do nothing risky; also, Rhoads wanted to take an aerial photo as one of his hobbies was photography. During the second flight, attempts were made to "buzz" the tour bus where the other band members were sleeping.[3] They succeeded twice, but the third attempt was botched. The left wing clipped the back side of the tour bus, tore the fiberglass roof then sent the plane spiraling. The plane severed the top of a pine tree and crashed into the garage of a nearby mansion, bursting into flames. Rhoads was killed instantly, as were Aycock, 36, and Youngblood, 58. All three bodies were burned beyond recognition, and were identified by dental records. It was later revealed in an autopsy that Aycock's system showed traces of cocaine at the time; Rhoads' toxicology test revealed only nicotine. The NTSB investigation also determined that Aycock's medical certificate had expired and that the biennial flight review, required for all pilots, was overdue.[4]

Rhoads' funeral was held at the First Lutheran Church in Burbank, California. He is interred at Mountain View Cemetery[5] in San Bernardino, California, where his grandparents are also buried.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Tommy's no slacker either...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Man, this brought back many memories. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news of Randy's death. I was shocked to hear one of my guitat-heroes passed, so young and new to the scene. Still sucks. The tribute album (CD) and the few "King Biscuit Flower Hour" cassettes of Ozzy's shows I have, really showcase Randy's playing. Even being a drummer, I never much cared for Tommy A., cause all I could hear was Randy. What a great player he was.

PS - The guitar-solo in "Suicide Solution", blew out a cap on my speaker crossover. Crazy!!

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here