Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

other drum forums?

Hey all, so this is the only drum related forum I belong to, and I must say I really enjoy it. However from time to time I have questions that I think do not fit into the heading of "Vintage Drums" and might get some good discussions going in a different forum. Modern Drums,drummers, funk, r&b, and educational topics.

One thing I love about this forum is that we all seem to be intelligent, professional adults, with an obvious common interest. (Has anyone read through the comments of some Youtube videos? I can't deal with the immature name calling/bickering and rascist/sexist comments)

Afraid of going to another forum with a mjority of kids who's drumming interest is severley different than mine.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 14 years ago

Try Drumsmith or Cymbalholics.

Posted on 14 years ago
www.jamesdemlow.com

www.drumtechnique.tumblr.com
Posted on 14 years ago

+1 for cymbalholic.com and drummerworld.com. I'm a member at both of them as well. Both have their bickering that pops up and gets uncomfortable at times (thank goodness that doesn't happen here!), but both are full of knowledgeable members. Cymbalholic caters more to the jazz and classic rock worshippers while Drummerworld is more of your mainstream "Modern Drummer-reading" types.

From what you listed that you want to talk about, I'd recommend Drummerworld. If you decide to join, I'll see you over there...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

From PK Drums

Hey all, so this is the only drum related forum I belong to, and I must say I really enjoy it. However from time to time I have questions that I think do not fit into the heading of "Vintage Drums" and might get some good discussions going in a different forum. Modern Drums,drummers, funk, r&b, and educational topics. One thing I love about this forum is that we all seem to be intelligent, professional adults, with an obvious common interest. (Has anyone read through the comments of some Youtube videos? I can't deal with the immature name calling/bickering and rascist/sexist comments)Afraid of going to another forum with a mjority of kids who's drumming interest is severley different than mine.

I'am on alot of them,but the two that i think are the best is this one,and drumforum.org pretty much like this one theirs alot of infor. on it from all types of drummers and covers alot of the things that you seem to be looking for...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Okay, all you guys who go to these other forums....your mission (should you decide to accept it) is to ask around for people to come here and post pictures of their Jazzette kits so that we can document them in the special section of the Vintage Drum Guide. I'll be here, on the front porch, waiting!Mister TMister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I,ve been @ Drumsmith for quite some time now,and they used to have some very helpful folks.Not sure whats happening over there but it sure is weakening in the content dept,but thats likely due to the heavy handed scrutinizing and policing.I dont go there too much these days as i tend to hang here and DFO...Ghostnote is a fun place to drop by occasionally,they have some very talented "real builders" there and i enjoy the entertaining factor more than anything.They do make me laughLaughing H

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I have to say... from my vantage point as an Information Technology manager at a very large college.. I have to deal with people, technology and the places that they decide to visit for answers on the web on a very regular basis.

This forum is the most polite, civilized and helpful group of people in any setting, regarding any topic that I have encountered since I started dealing with a plethora of "web" issues in .... geez.. like 1989.

56kb on a Shiva modem servicing an entire campus on thin-wire ethernet... networks are not like drums.. the old ones were crap!!!

THIS FORUM IS GREAT!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

From PK Drums

... One thing I love about this forum is that we all seem to be intelligent, professional adults, ...

???

are u shure u got dee write 4-um?

[IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/kaaawa2000/cow_chicken.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here