Hi People,

Just found this site and wanted to say hello to all. I've been playing drums since 1967 and currently have a Gretsch kit that I factory ordered new back in 1979. I have owned Ludwig, Rogers, and some Pearl stuff in the past, but my Gretsch kit was my only brand new kit. Here's what I bought back in the fall of 1979:

Gretsch Natural Walnut Finish

22" Kick

13" Tom

14" Tom

16" Tom

Ludwig 14" X 6" Black Beauty

Ludwig Atlas HD Atlas Hardware

Avidas Zildian Cymbals (hand Picked)

20" Ride

16" Crash

13" New Beat Hi-Hats

Since I have added:

Avidas Zildian

17" Crash

12" Crash

Remo Roto Toms 8", 10" 12"

I have all of my toms original heads, and my snare still has the bottom head and original snares. In 1998 I replaced all of my heads with Remo ones and for some reason (?) kept the broken top head from my Black Beauty. I still have the original cardboard boxes that these drums came in from the factory, except for the kick drum (must have used it for moving something at some point and now it's gone). :-(

The drums were purchased just prior to me retiring from playing part time in a band, back in the day, and have been kept in my home for my personal use. The sound of these drums still puts a smile on my face, and the condition of them is amazing for being 30 years old.

I have checked out some of the great vintage kits posted and feel lucky to be the original owner of my drums. Hope to be an active member of this forum.

BTW: I'm looking for matching 10" and 12" Toms and a nice Gretsch 14" X 6" snare for my kit. I'm also considering buying a 1970's era Ludwig lit if I could find a kit in the sizes, finish and condition that I like so please keep me in mind. I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

Cheers,

Barry

(mono-plane) band2