Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Original Gretsch Wrap: Sparkle or Glass?

I recently received some blue sparkle and blue glass glitter wrap samples and noticed they look nothing like the original "sparkle" wraps. I am aware they will never look exactly alike, but the blue sparkle sample looks electric blue with satin/flat flecks of sparkle and the blue glass glitter sample seems to have hints of green/turquoise with huge flecks of glass. It would look like someone smashed a window and smears the shards on the shells.

I am looking for something like this blue wrap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-70s-GRETSCH-BLUE-SPARKLE-SNARE-DRUM-SHELL-LT-130-/360448934283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec6e418b

I am guessing this is glass glitter, but smaller pieces of glass. Is this available anywhere or am I dreaming? Does Delmar offer different sizes of the flecks of glass for their glitter wraps?

Thanks,

Tim

Posted on 12 years ago

Wow!

-Thats just what I want. That old Gretsch wrap is stunning! I am not sure what all the newer glass glitter wraps looks like, but it seems to differ a lot from the old ones. -The new ones seems to have bigger chunks of glass and also some large pieces of dark, almost black pieces that I think takes away some of the sparkle that made me love the old ones.

/Johan M

70's Slingerland, 13,14,18,24" Copper wrap
70's Pearl Wood/fiberglass 12,13,13,14,16,18,22,24" Red
70's Pearl Fiberglass shells 12,13,16, 22" White
70's Hayman, 13,14,16,22" Black
60's Hoshino, 13,16,20" WMP
2009 Ludwig element, 10,12,13,16,22" Orange
Posted on 12 years ago

If it helps, I restored a late '60's blue glass glitter RB kit early last year. It needed new hoops; I ordered the inlays from Precision, and it was about as close to a perfect match to the rest of the kit as I could have hoped for.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here