Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Oriental Tower

Here's my "Stencil-Stack"

A Zim Gar, a Tempro, a Revelle, and an Ultratone

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice. I love the backdrop! Those are some neato snares. I have been thinking about these stencil kits as of late. Interesting stuff? What say you?

Posted on 14 years ago

Those are some nice snares. The wraps are great. I am really enjoying collecting mine as well, as they can be had really inexpensively, and with a little work, they tune up very nicely.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks mcjnic and jonnistix!!

I love the wraps one finds on a lot of those imports from the seventies. And, I'm emotionally skewed towards those kits... it's what I started on as a young'un. My first kit was a Telestar four-piece in red sparkle for Christmas. Ring -a-ding-ding, but Ringo to my ears!! Probably '72 or so. I had bought a fifty-cent pair of drumsticks at the local music store the previous January, and had beaten them down to nubs the whole year on everything in the house. Cabinets, desktops, stove, fridge, nothing escaped my amateur licks. Certain of a drumset in bows under the tree for Christmas, I stole into the den about 3 a.m. to find...... NO DRUMSET..... but instead, another pair of sticks! Dammit, but tied to the sticks was a string which led around the room and out the back door and into the snow in the side yard. I followed it around the house, and then to the front door, which was locked. I raced back to the back door, found the string inside the front door, followed it around the house until it led to the downstairs steps. Downstairs were the new drums, nicely set up by my dad, who was a righteous percussionist and reed player himself. The folks let me play for an hour or so, then came down and shut down the show until later that morning (but only after dad sat down for a short session).

Still, the best Christmas ever. :Santa:

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here