Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Opinons Wanted P-l-e-a-s-e!

I've got an opportunity to purchase the following two drums, but honestly don't know if either one is worth doing so. I'm hoping that I might get some "expert" advise regarding which way to go -- "BUY" or PASS!"

Here are the two drums:

* WFL Red Sparkle Rack Tom -- 8x12

Original Classic Lugs;

Original WFL Keystone Badge;

Original Chrome Rims;

Original Red Sparkle Wrap;

Missing Bottom Head.

P.S. I apologize for missing the "i" in "opinons" in the title. The "age thing" again, I guess!

Wrap, hardware & shell ALL in "mint" condition.

Drum looks brand new!

Asking price: $125.00

* Ludwig & Ludwig White Marine Pearl Marching Drum -- 15 or 16 x 14

Original Calfskin Batter Side Head;

Original Tube Lugs;

Original White Ludwig & Ludwig Oval Badge;

Original WMP Wrap;

Original Strainer & Snare Wires ("gut" wires?)

Missing Bottom Hewad

WMP wrap in "excellent" condition for a drum of this vintage.

Badge in "excellent" condition.

Batter side head in "excellent" condition.

Asking price: $130.00

Well, let me know what you think. As usual, thanks in advance for your help!

Posted on 15 years ago

Let's put it this way: can you use 'em for anything ? The tom, on eBay, might well fetch that price given the common color and its condition. But the marching drum, on eBay, would NOT. So, if you purchased them and didn't have great plans for them, you would likely end up taking a loss eventually.

Posted on 15 years ago

What kind of mount is on the WFL tom tom? If it's that clip mount thing, then I'd pass on it. I hate that mount.Mister T

Marching drum is nominal. It would have to be in almost perfect condition for ME to pay that for a marching drum.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I'd go with the WFL Tom. I'm almost positive you could find some drums to match it. It might take awhile...But you could do it.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

If the bottom edges of the 12 incher are nice and haven't been dragged across the driveway, then I'd go for that one. It will be a very nice sounding tom, if it's not been abused with that head off. My call.

My first 'real' kit was a 64 red sparkle Ludwig. I was still a tot (born in 62) but I took to it like a cat to pool water. Hey, I was only two. What do you expect?

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]It's hard...that rack is probably a sexy proposition...but then, are you stuck with "OK it's a great tom...but NOW I need to get a bass and floor to match and make a kit ?"

Then you have entered the black hole....Hurting

Of course, it could always be the up tom ona nice jellybean, too.

I dunno, though...kinda high-priced for a single tom.

I agree w/ comments on marching drum....even if pristine it's at least $30 overtagged.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

THANKS for the comments to date! In regard to the questions concerning the WFL rack tom: The drum's got its original "Diamond" mount installed on the shell. The bottom section of the shell is as pristine as the rest of it, despite the fact that it's missing the head. I can't even explain the incredible condition of the wood and reinforcement rings. I believe that I could get the seller to lower the price on this one to $100, if I chose to do so. The wrap is the nicest one I've seen in a red sparkle finish. Perhaps its a glass glitter in lieu of red sparkle. I'm not really sure.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Black"]Do you have any other Ludwig drums in that color ?

BTW, glitter is always more reflective than sparkle, due to the actual glass pieces in there. Tends to be a darker red, too ;)[/COLOR]

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here