Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

old snare? i cant find any info on it

i recently bought a lot of drum shells and this snare was included in it. i cant find any info on the web or other drum forums so i was hoping this one would be helpful. it is wood 14x 2 1/2 or 3 and has wood rims also the hard wear does not mount to the snare instead the clamp the top and bottom rims together. it has a tag connected to it reading buck crane corso or buck crawe conso and the only markings on it is a peice of paper reading "Drums, Musical Insterments, Music and Musical merchandise" . if you know anything please let me know much thanks kyle

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

The paper tag would indicate that the drum was probably made for a music store. It could possibly be an early maker.

The thing is, these drums were made by of all the early makers and called Junior models or student drums.

If you could possibly provide better photos then we might be able to pinpoint the maker.

These drums are usually $50 - $75.

You can look through the snare drum catalog section of the web site and also all of the early catalogs on the left side of the home page.

Snare Drum Catalog

Vintage Drum Guide Home Page

left side listed by year

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Gotta watch out with these...a lot were made in weird diameters...1/2" increments and such, so can really only fit the heads which are on 'em.

I once took one of these shells, 13-1/2" diam x 4" deep...added 2 layers of wood veneer and a layer of glitter wrap (glitter being the thickest wraps) to the exterior just to bring it up to a width where a 14" head could fit without it being ridiculous...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

nice fix man and thanks for the heads up

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is yours close to a standard diameter ????[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

yeah standard 14 inch

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here