Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Old Slingerlands

I have found a old kit that I might be able to buy. I have been asking around and doing research and figure they are 1955-1959 drums, perhaps?

The Bass is 14x20, small tom 9x13, floor tom 16x16 and the snare is a 13" but not sure of the depth.

The drums are WMP aged and the floor tom is evenly yellowed more than the others. All shells, lugs, rims and spurs are in excellent condition. Missing are the floor tom legs and small tom mount.

Any idea what the value could be on something like these?

Not asking for an appraisal just ball park.

Thanks

John

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/panickjm/old%20slingerland/

oh I forgot to mention, all the heads are RadioKing calf in perfect condition...these are realy to play other than the missing hardware.

Posted on 14 years ago

this is a players kit so if you can get it for $400.00, the floor looks to be the most colored? the missing parts are available, this is a 50's slingerland kit, it's way cool.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes the floor is evenly yellowed and more than the other drums. The photos are pretty accurate in that regard.

Strange how they aren't more the same color isn't it?

There are a couple very slight hair line cracks in the floor tom finish but nothing lifting. I barely noticed those fine line cracks.

Thanks for the reply...4 drums for $400 would be a nice catch on these!

Oh...canvas bags are included.

Posted on 14 years ago

those are easy repairs, and you may be able to clean the floor tom some to match a little closer, i love the cream yellows myself, this kit will sound very sweet, warm and full. as only old slingerlands can,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

vintagemore2000,

Thanks for the info and quick reply!

$400 is good but if I may ask you, where would be the cut off value or too high a price?

Thanks again

John

Posted on 14 years ago

From panick

vintagemore2000,Thanks for the info and quick reply!$400 is good but if I may ask you, where would be the cut off value or too high a price?Thanks again John

sure you bet. what is the asking price? and $400.00 is the max for right now, it needs parts, some repair work, you have to tell the seller all of this you know!?

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah I will remind the owner of the issues. He suggested $800 and while they can be played with very little work if any, that seems high to me.

I am trying to get a handle on "values" as Slingerland seems to be at the low end of the American made drums for collectors.

Thanks

I will see what comes of this one !

John

Posted on 14 years ago

From panick

Yeah I will remind the owner of the issues. He suggested $800 and while they can be played with very little work if any, that seems high to me.I am trying to get a handle on "values" as Slingerland seems to be at the low end of the American made drums for collectors.ThanksI will see what comes of this one !John

You know that's true and that is a good and bad thing, but the tone slingerlands produce are every bit as nice as any other american vintage drum, 800.00 get him to 600, so 400 to 600.00 ok.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think $400 is sorta low...I mean, it has a snare drum in there...and really, the missing pieces are incredibly easy and cheap to attain.

If I were to offer a low-side fair price for these, I'd offer $500, while hoping he didn't throw a drumstick at my head......

$800 is too much.....if the kit were absolutely flawless....if all the fades matched, if there were no hairline cracks in the wrap, and if it had the original legs and mount...I'd say it could be priced at $800.....but, not with the noted imperfections (unless the snare is a 1-ply RK shell).

It starts becoming unreasonable at about $600....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think $400 is sorta low...I mean, it has a snare drum in there...and really, the missing pieces are incredibly easy and cheap to attain.If I were to offer a fair price for these, I'd put it at $500 while wringing my hands a bit......$800 is too much.....if the kit were absolutely flawless....if all the fades matched, if there were no hairline cracks in the wrap, and if it had the original legs and mount...I'd say it could be priced at $800.....but, not with the noted imperfections (unless the snare is a 1-ply RK shell).It starts becoming unreasonable at about $600....[/COLOR]

jaye it doesn't have a snare drum,it's only 3 drums

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here