Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Old slingerlands. What is it?

What kind of set is this?? Anyone have any ideas? How about approx. value. Here is some infofrom the seller, It's all I got - The kit is white marine pearl, Buddy Rich style with 5-ply shells.

14x18(bass), 5x14 (snare), 9X13(rack tom), 12x15 (floor tom)

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

That is called the Stage Band model and looks to be in the 60's era. It's not really a "Buddy Rich Style" per se, but a nice kit. It would be rarer if your bass drum actually is an "18 (most were 20's or 22's). That makes it worth a little more. The stage band models are easy to peg because they use center lugs on the bass drum and toms, and the floor tom is usually a 15" diameter like the one you have. I'd say with the 18" BD they're worth around $800-$900. If it has a 20" BD it's probably worth around $700-$800. That's of course assuming there are no alterations to the drums and everythings in good shape, which it looks to be based on the pictures.

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks BlueRippler, I am going to check them out tomorrow night. The guy says he is sure it is a 18" BD.

Posted on 16 years ago

They'll sound as good as any Slingerland from that era, which is great in my opinion. The only difference is the lugs being in the middle instead of at the edges of the shell. Some say the shells resonate more with them in the middle. Who knows....

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here