Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Old Maple Ludwig Snare

I recently found the Ludwig Snare 5 X 12 with rectangular badge "Ludwig Trademark Made in U.S.A." which I have not found on badge lists. Parade drum ? with cloth strap with ends riveted together. Just wondering how old it is and what it is worth. I have it on Ebay now. Should I leave it there or sell it somewhere else

Posted on 9 years ago

Very nice old example if lundwig parade drum

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 9 years ago

Beautiful snare drum, the model name is Ludwig Juvenile snare drum.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Some of those old calf heads remind me of Kendal mint cakeExcited the drum is beautiful to look at.

I love the jazz era
Posted on 9 years ago

If that drum could talk we`d be hearing drum history.Can`t help you on year or price but i`m guessing it`s late 40`s and in the $150.- $200. range.Somehow don`t think it`s a parade drum but experts here will help you further with some sound advice,no pun intended...

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks for your information on the drum. Jim

Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks to all of you, confirming the general age of the snare and letting me know a little more about it. I don't play any instruments but have a good general knowledge of music. I am lucky sometimes finding instruments and related material. Like today I found a 1970's hardshell Martin guitar case. Thanks Jim

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here