Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Old Ludwig Drum

I wonder if anyone can tell me what year my old Ludwig Snare might be and also give me an estimated value. It is a 15 x 7.5 inch drum and is in perfect working condition.

See attached picture.

Thanks for your input.

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

That's a "transition" badge Ludwig. That was the first badge WFL used when they re-aquired the company from CONN in 1956. THe drum would date around 1959 / 60 (Ludwig experts can pin it down further.) There might be a date stamp on the inside of the drum. It's a 6 lug student model marching drum. THe finish is called white marine pearl. 15" student model marching drums don't have that much value today, as they are very common, and have little practical use. Some marching drums are being "parted out", but the ones with 14" rims have more "parts" value. You could probably get $30-50 for the throw-off it it's in good working order...the rest of the drum, probably onother $30. Maybe $50-90 for the whole thing...just noticed it might be an 8 lug drum...that would probably bring up the value a bit.

Posted on 18 years ago

I slightly disagree, Rich K. I have seen the P-83 throwoff sell for $75, alone. The lugs are nothing much, but the long tension screws may be of value. The transition badge, itself, is worth some money (I've seen them sell for $25^). It's an "interesting" student drum that could be used as a secondary "deep" snare on a WMP kit.

Still, it's not of great value. My thought is more like $125-150.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I slightly disagree, Rich K. I have seen the P-83 throwoff sell for $75, alone. The lugs are nothing much, but the long tension screws may be of value. The transition badge, itself, is worth some money (I've seen them sell for $25^). It's an "interesting" student drum that could be used as a secondary "deep" snare on a WMP kit. Still, it's not of great value. My thought is more like $125-150.

Yeah, you're probably right...

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here