Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Old Gon Bops

I'm seeking information about my old gon bops. They are not really congas or bongos being 15" tall. I think they were made in the 70s. I would like to post a photo but it was rejected for being oversize.

Many thanks,

Sam

More information on my gon bops:

Shell material is mahogany with a reddish stain and maybe a sealer.

One is 8.75" by 15" the other is 7.75" by 15" measured from outsides of the rim.

The badge identifies them as Mariano Models: RC-3300 and RQ-3300.

The hardware looks like it is black powder coated.

The heads look like cowhide. There is a logo that is probably like the one on the badge but they are mostly worn away.

There is a chrome tripod stand that holds both drums nicely.

Drum Workshop (The New gon bops company) had this to say:

Sam~

Thank you for playing Gon Bops. Unfortunately the former Gon Bops company has gone out of business. It has only recently been picked up by Drum Workshop, Inc., and we are working hard to create the quality and innovative products that we are known for, that will honor the Gon Bops tradition. Consequently, we don't have any information available for drums made by the former company. However, you may be able to find a drum forum or something where people could tell you what those are. From your description and the picture, I’d say those are the Mariano Series from probably pre-1970. Sorry for any inconvenience.

best regards,

Erik Himbert

Customer Service Representative

Drum Workshop, Inc.

Posted on 16 years ago

Look on this forum for a guy that knows Gon Bops really well.. He has posted a few times with very good answers and information...

I'm not sure what his username is...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Just found it... congaDR he has a web site also...

David

Here is his email

[EMAIL="congadr@gmail.com"]congadr@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Please update the post with an answer if you get one....

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here