Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Ok is this a lie or what, crestline

Ok I have a set of crestlines,5 piece trap set. I was told that crestline stopped making drums (japan) because Tama bought the company? Mine have a date stamp that say 1958. on the inner ring is that possible does anyone know anything about these drums? I'm looking to sell them and I want to make sure I give the new owner the right info. Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted on 14 years ago

No, that isn't exactly correct. Star was a company in Japan making drums under many different names, and this company later became Tama.

I would be very interested in seeing detailed pics of your set, especially the date stamp.

Posted on 14 years ago

Starting in the 1950s and 1960s, Japanese manufacturers -- notably Pearl and Star (the forerunner to Tama) -- produced drums under a LOT of brand names for export to the U.S. and other countries. Crestline is one of those brand names. HERE is a partial list of brand names with pictures of badges.

I believe I've seen the Crestline name associated with Pearl, which in this case would make sense since Star didn't start producing drums until 1965 (at least according to Wikipedia).

If you post pics of the drums, jonnistix or one of the other guys who know "MIJ" (Made in Japan) drums will be able to give you more insight about your particular kit.

Posted on 14 years ago

Good evening. If you would take pix of the snare strainer, the lugs on both snare and bass, the badges, and the interior of the shells, including the stamp, we would be more able to get the correct info for you. Alos, if this is a unique wrap, we would like to have it posted in the gallery. Thanks!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here