Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

oddball snare

Hello! I just bought a snare shell from a garage sale for 5 bucks!!it is in very good shape cob and has all the hardware and hoops just missing heads and wires.(14x5) the name on the snare is RUETHER ,ive never heard of it and a friend said it may be a subsidary of gretsch (i doubt it ) or a copy.but im going to put a used either evans g2 ,remo power stroke 3,OR go 70s and i also have a lightly used remo clear black dot.bottom evans single ply .i also have a 42 strand wire set well im just wondering if anyones heard of this "reuther" brand. thanks band3

Posted on 13 years ago

Can I have my drum back ?? Funny Post

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

If i get it together and it ROCKS! ill call it "REUTHLESS!!"

Posted on 13 years ago

Reuther is a Pearl stencil. Can you post a pic please? I can tell you, use the el cheapo Asian wires, they were made for these snares and sound best on them.

I have never had luck using high-end wires on any MIJ snares, and this is actually a COS shell, just some of them look like brass. However, the heads are key to these snares. It is one of Pearl's finest ever snares, and one of the era's best sounding snare, if it is the one I think it is. Please post a pic so I can tell you which heads are best for this shell.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

im chargin up the camera battery electricit i also have a cortley snare it sounds decent for an mij,i have a 42 strand on that but saved the cheapos (actually i have several sets of cheapo wires)i was going to use them to make a prison on my HO train layout,I love to be original!!like most i just have too many projects goin on,thanks for the info.ill try n get them pics up soon.

Posted on 13 years ago

From whitebread

im chargin up the camera battery electricit i also have a cortley snare it sounds decent for an mij,i have a 42 strand on that but saved the cheapos (actually i have several sets of cheapo wires)i was going to use them to make a prison on my HO train layout,I love to be original!!like most i just have too many projects goin on,thanks for the info.ill try n get them pics up soon.

Cortley~MIJ...? I thought that was an English brand. Too many MIJ stencil names, the distributors just used whatever name they found on street signs, it sounds like to me....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Reuther-Whitehall-Cortley-Royce all interchangeable names for Pearl stencils.I've seen all those badges on 70's luan MIT's which were identical in every way.Right down to the self-destruct bass drum pedal and insta-strip tom mount system (pat.pend).And I'm quite sure some of those monikers were applied to earlier and later versions too.

Here are some lesser known badges...

Dung-beat-L

Waysta-wood

Cardbo-tone

Five-cylinders

and the infamous

Tempro ultra-novice

(This list is for humorous use only and is NOT meant to tweak the sensitivities of some members).

Posted on 13 years ago

i wiped it down some and took the lugs off to inspect them,nothing worse than having your snare alltogether and crankin it down tune to playTHEN.........AHHH a striped lug and it wont tighten....ughhhhlol

Posted on 13 years ago

here is another pic

Posted on 13 years ago

I have one of these as my main practice-set snare.White coated Ambassador top head,hazy bottom and a 2"square of felt taped to the top rim so it just rests on the head.Just the right amount of "clank" for my liking.Real heads and snares make all the difference,and not overtightening.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here