Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

oddball Ludwig

[Attachment: 3156]heres a photo of an 67' Supra EIGHT lug..

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Are you the owner??? If so, any more details?

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

From that photo, the badge looks like a later large gold badge Monroe type badge.

Posted on 16 years ago

got the snare from a music store back in the early 90's that was moving locations. It had been in the cellar forgotten about. Mailed out a few photos to guys(didn't have computer at the time) that where a lot clearer then this one posted above. Anyway,took it to Chicago show around 2000, and showed it to John Aldridge. He told me it was a "Monday Drum", which I took to mean whoever made it was hungover. He said he had seen one other. So they do exsist. It was date stamped inside (I don't remember month or day, but the year was 67). It had a 60's serial no badge. Not the later larger monroe badge. This was made at the factory in 67'. Sold it at the show to a guy who took it to europe, where it now resides in his collection.

Posted on 16 years ago

Is there any way you could post a few more pictures that were clearer?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

O LUGS- I only have one other photo and its not any clearer, I sent the clear ones to people years ago and didn't save the negatives. If you go to drumforum.org (which seems to have a lot more traffic/response) to the vintage section (look for title "heres an oddball Ludwig") you'll be able to read posts from at least two other guys who also have a 60's 8 lug Supra. They DO exsist. Despite what some "experts" say.[Attachment: 3167]

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago
Posted on 16 years ago

Oh, I believe it. I know from my own research experiences with Ludwig that almost anything is possible. :) I'll bet it's a great sounding drum. I'll bet it sounds like an Acrolite -except prettier to look at! ;)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

O-LUGS- yeah it sounded great and was in N.O.S. condition too. I never would have sold it at the Chicago show, but I needed money to get home. I recently found out where it is now, and am gonna try and buy it back... Hey Rich K. ! Are you the Rich K. from Annapolis??

Posted on 16 years ago

No, I know Richard King....he ain't me! I'm from New Jersey...

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here