Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

odd slingerland drum?

I have an old 20" by 14" Slingerland drum shell which would seem to be a bass, but has no hardware or holes for such use, only 4 tom leg holders spaced around the edges, if so used would put the 20" diameter horizontal, -

really a tom drum?

Posted on 18 years ago

Slingerland made "combo" drums that were to be used as a bass or a horizontally mounted cocktail type; they would have leg mounts, but they were usually 18" deep. A lot of the older Slingerland bass drums would be sold without mounts, because the tom mount, cymbal mounts and spurs were clip ons...could be one of those that someone added FT mounts to. Are the lugs the larger Slingerland bass drum lugs or the smaller tom lugs? Could have been a converted marching drum as well.

Posted on 18 years ago

I play a 20" floor tom all of the time , chrome over wood.

when tuned right it has a deeper sound than my 24" kick.

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks Cym...,

Appreciate responses I'm getting. Maybe I'll make it into a bass if i can find hardware and hoops, etc. I have two Sl. toms I think 13" and 16 x16 which need conversion back to original colors, a pearly color covered with black paint, - ugh. A decent set with snare, high hat and a few cymbals added, I'm thinking.

Regards, HN

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Slingerland made "combo" drums that were to be used as a bass or a horizontally mounted cocktail type; they would have leg mounts, but they were usually 18" deep. A lot of the older Slingerland bass drums would be sold without mounts, because the tom mount, cymbal mounts and spurs were clip ons...could be one of those that someone added FT mounts to. Are the lugs the larger Slingerland bass drum lugs or the smaller tom lugs? Could have been a converted marching drum as well.

Thanks Rich,

Appreciate the response.

With info I'm getting I'll probably make a bass out of this piece, add a couple toms, cymbals etc., making a decent spare set.

Gotta strip some black paint, find some hoops, etc.

Bye the way, this and 2 Sl. toms I've got all have same size "grooved" lugs.

Regard, HN

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here