Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Oct 8, 2009 - Photo - Internet - expert

Hello everyone!

I have hit a cross roads with the forum.

Job Description:

Free Labor - No benefits - No Insurance - No golden parachute - No company car - No breaks - No lunches.

The VDF is seeking a dedicated highly detailed person that will answer directly to me and become my forum maintenance person.

Requirements:

You must have a computer. You need to be able to take images that people post that are the wrong size or linked to a service or server that can at any time disappear. Causing a broken image which to me defeats the purpose of tracking the history. Then resize it and possibly clean it or crop out the non essentials! No need to see someones BIG TOE in the photo :) (Also many times a screen shot needs to be taken and cropped and used if the service does not allow images to be saved from their server)

Then edit a persons post delete the linked files and upload the new images as attachments.

They will also need to be able to delete Ebay and Craigs List posts and rework them to be actual forum posts with the saved images and parts of the listing to keep the history clean and available for many years.

You will have access to user posts.

I have come to the point where with other obligations I can't be as neat and tidy as I like.

So if anyone likes working for free then PM me.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm down to help, but my time is somewhat compromised as well. I try to keep tabs on answering posts, but I'm not very computer savvy with all the resizing and linking stuff. Maybe when the kitchen is done.....if that ever happens, then someone could tell me what to do and how to do it, I would be happy to assist. But it may be several months from now before I can do that.

Anyone else?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I might have a potential person and will update in the near future..

So stay tuned.

Thanks!

David

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here