Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Oaklawn Camco project

A while back I picked up a bunch of Camco shells (no lugs or anything - just badges).

After agonising in these pages (also over at DFO) about how to get them black cellulose lacquered (impossible to find in Europe) I've now gone for an interim solution of wrapping them (using tape - it's temporary) of Canal Plastics NYC's 3D Moire like wrap. It was ludicrously cheap and is a reasonable imitation of that peculiarly Camco wrap.

In any case, here they are - not properly set up but you get the vibe. Oh, and a 12" x 20" bass drum to go with the 12" and 14" toms.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Does that finish have an actual physical texture that is as pronounced as it looks in the picture.. or does it just appear to because of the way the wrap is colored...?? (hope that question makes sense..)

I think they look great... White Knights!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

The wrap has a 3D kind of effect (hence the name). It makes the badges appear to kind of float on top of the shell - this is not quite the same as the original Camco wrap but the general slightly trippy, gimmicky vibe is the same.

I used to hate it, now I'm totally fascinated by it.

D

Posted on 16 years ago

Beautiful! I have a white 3d moire Tuxedo kit and from the picture that looks exactly like it. I live near New York City and have to get to CanalPlastics and check that out. I'd like to recover mine if it matches, got some little cracks around the lugs. Great job.

Posted on 16 years ago

Just saw the last note - the 3D moire Canal Plastics have is similar though not the same. The bubbles are only about 2/3 the size of the original wrap - the visual effect is similar though not identical. I help some of the new stuff up a against a kit and a few people were surprised how close but difficult to judge when it's not on a drum.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here