Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Oaklawn Camco Oval Badge

Hello everyone, I'm Mike and have a set of Oaklawn Camco's I think are from around 1967 or so. I got them when I was a teenager in 1974. They have done me very well all these years. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the Oval badge history. Never could find out much about the ovals. Thanks very much.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Start here and you can find some stuff on Camco. Nice kit, if they ever get to be too much of a burden, sell them to me.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

There's quite a lot of contradictory information on the oval badges.

Harry Cangany's book, for example, has them as having been around from 1962 until 1971 and in the same book (in a different place) has them as 1969 until 1971.

The latter (based on some oral history from someone who worked there in the later period) seems to be closer to the truth. They appeared to dump a lot of the oval badges after Kustom bought the brand in 1971.

Just curious - does your kit have brass or chrome grommets? I'm testing a theory here.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hmmm.. interesting. I have to get that book...all of my badges have brass grommets. The oval badges themselves are also brass (with white enamel). Did the cloud Oaklawn badges have brass grommets do you know? (I like your theory, I think....)

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here