Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Oaklawn Camco - Natural maple

Here's a beauty old Camco kit from the Oaklawn era. 18x14 bass drum, 12x8 rack tom, and 14x14 floor tom and matching snare drum. There is also a 16x16 LA era floor tom next to the 14. Amazing sounding drums.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Oooooh! Stunning!

Posted on 10 years ago

Now i`m definately digging those beauties and in wonderful sizes too.Bet their tone is something extrodinary.Enjoy them as i`m sure you are Relco.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

More Droool !!! on the monitor !!!! SwEet !!!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

Speaking of holy grails! What a beauty. It also looks like it could be a retirement plan waiting in the wings in terms of value. I've had two Oaklawn kits over the years, one wooden Aristocrat snare with the turret lugs and one 701 parallel with tuxedo lugs and they all had great sound. I particularly like the snare strainer of the Aristocrat. Super smooth. Lock those babys to the floor.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing these amazing drums with us.

I’m sure I can speak for most of us here that we’d love to hear the story behind these beauties so please don’t hesitate to share some additional info and their history.

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes, these are actually a friend's drums and they were handed down to him from his grandfather, so I'm not sure exactly where they were picked up originally. I'll have to ask him next time I see him. My friend doesn't have the space to keep them at his current place right now so I've had the luxury of playing and recording with these babies over the last couple of years :).

I also forgot to mention originally that there is also the matching snare with the set. I'll try and post a better picture showing all the drums from a better angle.

Posted on 10 years ago

Fabulous. You don't see that many natural maple kits from the Oaklawn era. Looking forward to seeing and hearing much more.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here