Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Novus polishing process

Hello again!

I just received my Novus polishing kit in the mail and I'm a little confused on what the process is. I have a faded Ludwig silver sparkle set that has light scratches and a lot of dullness. I don't expect the novus to change the fade, but what order would I use the #1 (plastic clean and shine), #2 (fine scratch remover), and #3 (Heavy scratch remover), to lighten the scratches and the dulling.

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello, Of course, one would go from the coarser grit polishes, and progress to the milder, less agressive polishes. One should use the least agressive approach to achieve the desired results, and of course, no harm will come, using-trying the less agressive products, such as #1, or #2 first.

All of these products may proove ineffective by hand. You may need to resort to a more agressive product, such as a paste rubbing coumpound.

To get the best results, I suggest carefully removing all hardware from the shells first, such as lugs, throw offs,cymbal mounts, and legs mounts-etc.

One would more than likely get the very best, and get much faster results as well, by using an electric buffer, with auto polishing compounds, and glazes, but if one doesn't know what they are doing, you can get into trouble, and create more damage than you remove. Mark

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here