Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Noob Slingerland snare question

hello, I saw a neat looking green sparkle slingerland snare at guitar center today..its got the 63-69 badge on it..8-lug i believe..with a pretty smaller strainer and without the original snares..has crap heads on it and looks to be in decent shape..question A: is this a zoomatic? or a radioking? question B: they want 150! doesnt that sound high? question C: could this be a great sounding snare? or would it be worth it to keep looking (i guess im looking for a jazz fest. type sound but at a lower price) ..thanks for any input!

Posted on 17 years ago

Look at the different throw offs on this site and let us know which one it looks like. If it's original green sparkle, 8 lug, niles badge, it's worth way more than 150. Make sure it's in original condition and grab it.

Posted on 17 years ago

hey..it looks the most like the rapid strainer..off this site's hardware section under the student model snare. Also, i meant to include this info the badge has the serial to the right side its 68044. Like i said, the snares arent original and they are connected the the strainer and butt side by those plastic tabs. I'll take a closer look at it and give you any more info..but so these snares sound good?

Posted on 17 years ago

hey...so update: strainer is not original and the one bolt that holds it on chipped the very surface of the inner shell. The hoops look pretty decent and are the original stick savers. Now, since the snare, and strainer mechanism are not original does the price of 150 seem ok or too high? thanks again

Posted on 17 years ago

I can't see $150 for a working, good sounding, name brand snare drum that looks appealing as possibly being far off the mark. I am not addressing rarity value. Just what is in the range of fair for a quality musical instrument. I have new snares, I just don't end up using them. Maybe they are too clean sounding, but how much would you spend on a new snare? If you dig the drum, buy it.

Regards,

Gary

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

Well, yes I totally understand what youre saying--and I agree. I just want to know if there are better sounding snares out there, for a lower price. Also, I just want to know first, exactly what this snare is (is it a radioking or what?) and If these snares are supposed to sound good...how it sounds now is junk but it has evans genera heads on it.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here